Wednesday, June 18, 2008

ich habe jetzt...

Zwei Austauschschülerin!
I am going!
Off to see the world again, i can escape from home for a while, wow it's an amazing feeling. This is my dream, my passion and it's finally unfolding. 3 months from now i will be jetsetting my way across oceans and crossing tropics to a new home. Temporary, but it will become home.
As crazy as it sounds, when i imagine being over in Germany for 6 months, i don't imagine being surrounded by people and new friends and busy schedules. I picture myself tucked up in cosy, little coffee shops writing journals and stamping post cards. I imagine myself exploring on my own and discovering new places. I don't want to be tour guided around. To be quite frank, those ideas seem so much more appealing than being overwhelmed by human beings living their lives.

I keep telling people i'll be alone in Germany for 6 months.. that's what i would like. My parents won't be there, but that's not what i think of when i say alone. I think it's my desire to be independant, to prove to people that i really can do it alone. I don't know why i need to go to those lenghts to justify myself, but that's just me. Maybe it's not about proof at all? maybe it's about pride.

man i'm lucky.

No comments: