Thursday, February 12, 2009

think back to your weekend.

Today is Wednesday, mid-week. (Mittwoch in German) Nothing so exciting has happened in the last two days so i figure i'll back track to my weekend and go from Friday night onwards (well to Sunday night anyway.)


Note to self: When you actually carry your camera on you at all times, then you should probably take some photos...

Friday (night):
Pub.
Planned to meet Nina at 8.00 at Opladener strasse tram stop.
Showered, put some nice clothes on, Lovelied my hair up, make-upped and even sprayed myself in lovely perfume that smelled of citrus (thanks Anna.)


Strutted my way out of the house with plenty of time to catch my tram the 706.
Jump on the 712... OF COURSE. Drive two stops and realise that my stop should have only been one stop further. Finally realise i'm on the wrong tram. Get off the tram. Start walking in the opposite direction trying to find another tram stop that the 706 goes from. Couldn't fiind one. By this time i'm running! Cross the road and wait for the tram that would take me back to where i started. Start again.
Get on the 706, get to my stop. Wait for my other tram. DELAYED!!! Meanwhile Nina has called me twice asking where i am! embarrassing... "Wo bist du?!?!" I'm so late she tells me to meet her at Ickerswarder strasse instead. (one stop further.) (The stop outside the pub)


Get there 40 minutes late... great Mikaela.

Walk into Schalander (the pub) with nina laughing in my ear that our English and French teachers are here along with two other teachers from our school...FANTASTIC!
Sit myself down, do the itroductions and order a beer. and another one... und noch eins.

Gotta be home at 10.40. Leave a bit tipsy from not eating all afternoon and REEKING of cigarette smoke.
my Friday.

Saturday:
9.30 wake up. Breakfast. Drive to Cologne. Study vocab and do homework for Australia in the back of the car.

Arrive at Anna's Aunty's house (wow 4 A's.)

Leave 5 minutes later and drive to Bonn. HARIBO shop. Heaven.

Spend an hour or more searching through the two aisles of pick and mix and making up our own bags of HARIBO!! make a separate bag for sours- gotta keep kosher.
buy 2 kilos of made up Haribo packs for presents. And buckets of sweets for my birthday.

Leave Haribo with a full trolley of lollies. I'm not kidding.

Those boxes (yes there's two.) are also full of lollies.
Then to the oppshop in Cologne. Eat ourselves silly in the back of the car on the way and fear that we will chuck rainbow.

Opp shop was really not that great. A hell of a lot of the same hats (that were all somehow really really small... i don't have a big head either.) Was disappointed.

Sunday:

Had a very lovely chat with my mumsa in the morning/afternoon after i got out of bed. We organised my trip to Ireland with Emma and booked flights. (YAY FLYING TO IRELAND!)

Ate breakfast... made a huge mess of it (bread crumbs thrown across the table, egg and egg shells too.) i only had 15 minutes. Went to the movies to see twilight. Is it just me or is the guy that plays Edward WAYYYY attractive. I mean HELLO JAW BONE!!

Despite Edward's lovely, striking feautres. I found the movie a little farfetched.. i mean guys we're now in the 21st century... the effects could be a little more realistic.

Got home... left twenty minutes later to see 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show' in theatre.

Didn't find the theatre too great...the seats were all set out in this big hall, so you couldn't see over the person in front of you and it didn't help that we were riiiiiiight up the back with the sound and lighting man. Don't think i got the whole 'theatre effect' but i ignored that and enoyed the show. Sang along! Waved my glow stick in the air when "Over at the Frankenstein place" came on "THERE'S A LIGHT!"

Walked out of the theatre with confetti in my hair and rice down my top. Stole a Rocky Horror poster off the wall on the way out too. Didn't particularly feel like spending 6 euro on one.

OUR LOUNGE ROOM TABLE.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

omg omg omg i miss haribo soooooo much! little angel of gluttony, send me some, pretty please. just strap it up on one of those fat little german pigeons and send it along! fanks (:
i am going to do a Mikaela dedicated blog thingy soon, but as it seems, your name is far more precious and special than mine, so this might require some research.. in other words, work, so it might be a while. i found out so far that Mikaela is actually the Scandinavian version of Michaela. twinsiiies!

evial! haha! its like evil and evian. mineral water from satan!

Samantha said...

hahaha 'is it just me or is edward cullen good looking' mikaela, do you ignor every female ever to have walked this earth!? erward is the throb of heart that attacks every girl lucky enough to gaze upon him!! wish i was there for your bday. miss you so much. have you spoken to your mum about the painting of your room? i think im gonna start this coming weekend! and why am i totally NOT suprised that your still getting lost and muddles in germany? hahaha.
oh mikaela come sleepover! i have so much to tell you and show you. youve missed alot. also i have this sexy german model on my wall, gawd hes hawt.