Monday, January 5, 2009

Frohes Neues Jahr.

Well looky here... it's now 2009 and for me that doesn't really mean the start of anything new unless i count the resolutions i semi promised myself so that it would actually feel like New Year. Let's not go into detail.

So i knew it was coming up... i mean the whole New Year thing. Another build up after Christmas and all the chit chat about celebrations, but i don't think i totally got the whole NEW YEAR concept so to speak until someone mentioned 2009. That totally rattled me, messed something up inside of me for a few days. It made me sick in my stomach and like a square trying to fit into a round hole- the idea just did not fit in my mind. Had i let my life slip right past me all too fast? Were we all ready to begin another god damn year?

All New Years eve i was trying to get this lump out of my throat, trying to stop myself from crying, trying to be a part of the whole thing, but i found it so hard. I found it so hard because at the back of my mind i was asking myself why i was sitting there, wanting to be alone feeling sorry for myself, asking myself why i was feeling this way, when to be honest there was truly nothing wrong. Life hadn't slipped me by at all. It was so hard because i was happy (in theory) but that disgusting mood inside of me would not budge and every part of me knew that there was no reason to be miserable... Life was great and is great and will be great...
Happy New Year my lovelies. Embrace the new.


2 comments:

Samantha said...

I totally know how you feel... I always feel like shit then im like dude i have a good life! stop being in a shitty mood!

i love blogs.

and im loving these new years blogs haha, read mine?

Mikaela said...

ahaha everyones just feeling sorry for themselves on new year. either that or they're too drunk to know.