Friday, January 9, 2009

Bindi bindi.

So when you go to school in a foreign country for 7 days a week, for over 5 hours a day and you don't exactly understand physics in German (although today i did) then you get to thinking about things that you wouldn't usually have time to think about.... unless you were Sam Ratcliffe!

I've come to the conclusion that i have way too much time on my hands if i am thinking about plans for my wedding. Either that or Sam really is rubbing off on me. (She designed her own outfits for the entire week of Music fest in March and called it 'Bay Fest collections') She's already planned her wedding of course. =)

How would an Indian themed wedding be? So amazingly spiritual and full of colour! The costuming and decoration, the music, dancing and my god... the food!

I've researched a little on Indian weddings, however there seems to be over 20 different varieties of weddings depending on religion and beliefs, so i think i'd take a variety of different traditions and rituals i find interesting and remove the religiousness from it all.... would that be taking the piss out of an Indian wedding?

Here is a ritual i found really amazing: Phoolon Kaa Gehna is an amazing ceremony which is embellished with the fragrance, beauty and innocence of flowers. In this, the girl has to adorn herself with jewellery of flowers. It is not an indispensable feature of the Arya Samaj marriage and not everybody follows this ritual.

I'ma get myself an Indian wedding planner. Who's coming to my wedding? I also read somewhere that the celebrations go for three days long.
Intrigued?

1 comment: